Asian Barbecued Meatballs
- 1 cup dickinson's Tomato Ketchup
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup Knott's Berry Farm® Boysenberry or Blackberry Jam
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 2 cups Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
COMBINE sauce ingredients in small saucepan over medium-high heat. Heat to boiling; reduce heat to low and stir until sauce thickens. Remove from heat; cover to keep warm.
COMBINE ground turkey, ginger, garlic, red pepper, salt and egg white in medium bowl; mix well. Form into small (1-inch) balls and set on waxed paper. Mix cornstarch with flour in small bowl; roll each ball in the mixture. Return to waxed paper.
HEAT shortening in saute pan to 365°F. Fry meatballs in batches about 2 minutes, or until browned and cooked through. Drain meatballs on paper towels. Transfer meatballs to platter and serve with sauce.